Sunday, March 07, 2010

IAM Conference Sketchbook

I just returned from the International Arts Movement Encounter 10. They kindly brought me up to enjoy the three day conference. I was asked to join a panel discussion about the intersection of the digital and the handmade world.... but more importantly the IAM folks commissioned my sketchbook to do some work, with the title "Conference Illustrator" (like I'm a journalist!) I drew throughout all the sessions and documented as many ideas, quotations and concepts as I could. I decided before I arrived that I wasn't going to draw anything from observation from the weekend. The result is a visual salad of symbols, metaphors and typography. What a fun weekend- hope those of you who were not there can imagine you were.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
josh said...

these are amazing. Great to see you briefly on Friday

Sam said...

loving what you did with the white- did that white-out pen work out? Looks like it!

Javier Delfino (javoc) said...

great work! BuenĂ­simoa dibujos. Saludos desde Argentina!

Julien Porquet said...

I'm definitively a big fan of your sketchbook !aming, the compositions are so right ! i really love it !

Mark Montgomery said...

I have been a big fan for awhile!! What pens do you use as i also draw in church and just interested. Perhaps you could share how you do this with all of us in a post.